How to Choose a Topic for Your Blog
How do you go about choosing a topic for your website?
To find out a perfect topic for a web page you have to start asking yourself a list of questions. Answering all of them will lead you to the ideal topic which you will be good at. This will help you to clear out what to talk about and to specialize in when writing a post. So, what are those questions you have to get answers to?
5 Steps to Your Ideal Blog Topic
First of all, you have to realize clearly that the market of blogging and posting is very stiff now. In 2017 there are a lot of qualitative blogs and YouTube channels which force the intensive competition. Every day more than 45.000 of new blogs are created. So, how to find your personal niche among millions of already existed ones? Answering the following questions is going to help you a lot.
- What demographic niche are you targeting? This means defining the audience you’re going to write for – travelers, cookers, animal lovers, women, men, sportsmen, musicians, etc. Depending on your concrete audience you will create content on different subjects which relate to that demographic niche. For animal lovers, you can cover topics like tips and advice, food, vets, shelters, etc.
- What exactly do you want to be specific in? If you want your platform to be successful and profitable, you have to choose one specific topic.
- What kind of topic can make you really excited to talk about? What exactly do you know much about for now? What do you read about when you have some spare time? What can you talk about for hours? Animals? Trips? Makeup? Music? Books? Movies? DIY? This aspect is probably the most important in case you want to run a blog as a job.
- Is your blog topic monetizable? Monetizing your blog means getting money from it. This can be achieved in many ways, but the most popular one is affiliate marketing. Always check if there any partnership programs falling into the category you will be writing for. Thus, you will be able to get some income from your posts. Online ads are the most frequent way of making profit with a blog.
- Are your blog is going to be a hobby or a job? You have to be clear about this question in the very beginning of writing career. Without a profit, your blog will remain just a hobby. It is better to make a final decision in the beginning rather than changing your blog topic when the audience is already pretty big. Blogging business is very demanding and requires a lot of work. So, analyze your passion, skills, and ability to devote enough time to writing only. Reaching your targeting audience with a qualitative content you’re interested in is the key to successful blogging.