How to Start Your Own Blog: Practical Tips
If you’re thinking of starting a blog, but totally confused what to begin with, a few professional tips will come you in handy. There are certain do’s and don’ts which every potential blogger should be aware of.
Today we’re going to provide you with a step by step guide to help you get rid of the initial fear of starting a blog.
5 Tips on Starting a Blog
- The very first step should be finding the right platform. Luckily, today we have a great choice of digital platforms to start with. It can be something advanced like WordPress, Blogger, Weebly, or something simpler like Tumblr or SVBTLE. They all have totally different qualities and parameters – from coding to template customizing only. Please, be patient and devote enough time to solve the issues with a platform.
- Find out what you like writing about. The most important tip to remember is not to listen to anyone. The theme of your blog should be your own decision only. And here the choice is great – beauty, music, fitness, interior design, language learning, traveling, gardening, cooking, reading, jewelry making, etc. It can be something completely random but interesting for you to talk about. There will always be an audience that will follow your blog, being interested in the same topics as you.
- Don’t compare yourself to other bloggers. It is very important to develop your own style of writing, without copying already more successful bloggers and writers. Find the inspiration and take the bits you like without copying someone else.
- Create a schedule of blogging days. You should be regular with writing blog posts, especially in the beginning of your writing career. But don’t feel too much pressure. It is better to take a day off if you’re not in the mood of writing or you simply don’t know what to write about.
- Practice makes perfect. Don’t expect to get millions of followers and ideal texts during the first month of being a blogger. You have to be really determined to improving your writing skills to get a huge, loyal audience. The more you write, the better blogger you will become. Here it is very important to create not only grammatically correct texts but also interesting stories to keep the readers’ attention.
What Not to Do When Starting a Blog
One thing you should always avoid when starting your blog is overthinking the name. Don’t spend days or weeks only on perfecting the name of your blog. The best domain name is not the smartest one. It is the one which makes people smile, laugh or gives them a good feeling. Your domain name should be fun, catchy, short, easy to spell and remember, describing your blog topic as effectively as possible. If you have no ideas what kind of name works with your blog posts best, look on the Internet. Discover how most popular domain names were created.
Remember that everyone’s blogging experience is totally different. So, be unique and find out what works for you best.